My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Almost Perfect Day!

Today was an almost perfect day.  I picked up  my friend Gail & we were on the road by 6:30 this morning to visit my daughter & hit a stamp sale. The weather was perfect and we both found lots of wonderful bargains (in addition to some awesome NEW stuff).  We had lunch with my daughter & son-in-law & then before we left for home, we ate homemade pumpkin pie that my son-in-law had made.  His first attempt at baking & it was delicious! He usually leaves the baking to my daughter, but decided he wanted to try his hand at it.   All in all, it was an "almost" perfect day.  The only thing stopping it from being a perfect day was that my grandson Josh was off at a camp out with Scouts. Boy, did I miss him! 

Since I'm dead tired tonite, I'm going to post the birthday card I made for my daughter.  I used this same stamp set about a month ago, but she isn't a big fan of kids or people on cards.  She prefers either critters (her favorite) or flowers.  So I pulled this wonderful Flourish stamp out & used it again to make her a card .

I guess I was tired when I took the picture last nite.  It was much prettier in person.  ha ha
I colored it with copics & added this beautiful butterfly from Cheery Lynn Designs. The paper is from The Paper Studio.

I have a lot of catching up to do tomorrow (groceries, laundry, nursing home, dad's ironing etc) but I'm hoping to fit in some time to play with some of my new goodies. Hopefully, I will have something new & exciting to post tomorrow nite! I have a whole box full of delicious new stamps, some new dies & new paper. Which means I'm in hog heaven!

Catch you all later!

2 comments:

  1. I already told you how wonderful, I thought your card was, but I'll say it again. The coloring and the paper piecing just made this just a beautiful card. I hope you took a picture of the Scout cards!! Thanks for letting me tag along. You're a awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Wish I could have met up with you two! I was in CB/Omaha Sat. but a wedding and reception to go to!
    Love this! So pretty and I'm sure IRL it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete