My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm back

For those of you who saw my last posting, you know why I have been absent for awhile.  It's time to get back to some routine again & making cards has always been my way to escape & unwind at the end of a day. Thanks to all of you who have expressed your concern.

Today's card is one I made before Mom passed & since she shared my love for Xmas, I thought it was a good one to start back with. 

This little guy is a Penny Black stamp. It certainly looks like he is really enjoying the season! The evrgreen bough is a new die from Marianne Designs. I added some snow to the branch & the light post for a bit of added texture.  The paper is from The Paper Studio. 

I have to share a story about the addition of the snow to my card.  Years ago when my daughter & I first got into heat embossing,  I bought the normal "regulation" heat gun at Michaels.  I had only had it about a day when it quit working & I returned it.  My son-in-law, being the sweetheart that he is, decided to get both of us a "real" heat gun.  After a trip to Menards he came back with our new guns.  I affectionately refer to mine as "the blow torch" because it gets so hot. When I first finished the snow on this card, I looked at it & was admiring how well it had turned out when I noticed this strange red, mangled, "thing" in the corner.  It took me a minute to realize this mangled thing was my melted bow. Yup, melted it to a cinder! Luckily, I was able to pry it off & add a new one.  But you know what?  I wouldn't trade my "blow torch" for a normal heat gun for anything in the world.  Every time I use it I think of my sweet son-in-law & how hard he tried to do something nice for us & it always brings a smile to my face.

Have a great day & enjoy all your blessings.  Catch you later.

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card. Funny about the bow. It's so nice to have a wonderful son-in-law. I adore mine. I left a message on the post below for you. I'm so sorry it took me so long to write.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the outstanding coloring. I enjoyed the story also. I'm sure glad that wasn't your last piece of ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I love that branch die too! Love your funny story. I love the heat gun to crinkle ribbon... just can't be melting it Sherri! hohoho

    ReplyDelete