My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day & someone is spoiling you the way you deserve.  As the first Mother's Day without my own mom, I've been reflecting on how much we all owe to them.  They are the ones who teach us most of life's lessons & point us in the right direction. And shower us with love. And that's a pretty great job. We all stive to be even half the woman our own mothers were.  I watch my own daughter with amazement at what an awesome mom (and person) she has become.  She has outdone me in every catagory. She makes me just burst with pride.

Today's card is one that I made with one of the five new dies she sent me yesterday. They weren't part of my Mother's Day present (which was awesome with a capital A), but just a "Saturday" present. When she first got married, I used to buy them little things they needed & I just called them "Saturday" presents.  We still call little "I love you" gifts "Saturday" presents.

The image is from Hugware and the die behind it is a Spellbinders. The paper is from Authentique & I colored it in copics.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day! 

5 comments:

  1. Grace did a good job raising a beautiful and amazing daughter. She must had talent that rubbed off because this card is so cute. I love everything about it. Just purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, this is so CUTE and beautifully colored! oh how nice you get Sat. presents and Mother's Day ones too! You are one fortunate lady! = ) Can't wait to see what else you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri
    I like your card but your post was touching to me - my first Mother's Day without my Mom,too! You sound like you have a great daughter - they learn from their Mamas! Lots of Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs. I miss my mom so much too. Your daughter has a big heart just like you. This is so sweet. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the notion of Saturday presents. We did the same for our son, just as my Mom did for us. Your daughter sure knows what you like! I'm so thrilled to see this darling Hugware image. I was disappointed when PC Crafters went out of business, but I have lots of their clip art. I've been wanting to color some up for cards now that I've learned to love digital images. My friend and I were just talking about this today, so it's interesting that I find this here today. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete