My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Thank You

Hello, again!

It's been a busy couple of days here.  Since I am retired this year, I decided I would finally have time to do some baking.  I also haven't decided on exactly what I will be serving Christmas Eve so I wanted to check out the recipes on Pinterest. What a mistake!!  My head is swimming with pictures of all the wonderful food that is posted there!  I've printed out recipes for Christmas Crack, Snowball cookies, Reindeer Chow & a White Queso Dip that has my mouth watering.  I haven't even gotten to the main course recipes yet!  I have one dish I absolutely LOVE, but it contains hamburger and since my sister & brother-in-law won't eat beef, and my nephew's wife is vegetarian, I have to come up with something everyone will like.  If it was up to me, I would be happy "grazing" through the Christmas cookies, candy and dips for dinner!

I did manage to set aside some time to make some Christmas thank you cards between browsing Pinterest boards. I went with an embossing folder from Darice that I picked up this fall & that has rapidly become one of my favorites. I've used it for birthday cards as well as Christmas cards already & I'm really hoping they have a similar version in spring flowers that I can pick up when the weather warms up.

I still like that personal touch of sending a handmade card, even for thank you's! I stamped a sentiment with a Studio G stamp, added some holly leaves with a Marianne Designs die and finished it off with some sparkle for the berries.  For the inside, I added another white layer with a snowflake punched out of the corner.

I hope you are all done with your cards too!  Christmas is coming faster than you think!

Enjoy the day & I'll catch you later.

Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this is an absolutely beautiful embossing folder and it makes for some gorgeous quick and easy cards. Good job getting all these thank you cards done already. Gosh, you're really ahead! I love Pinterest and haven't visited for quite a while. I don't dare. I'll never get off! It's my main source of recipes these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Beautiful Thank you cards Sherri! oh food… fortunately our three daughters tell me what I'm making! We don't bake much. We do eat beef but we don't eat pork or scavengers! So thankful we can all have our choices! We are blessed indeed! Thanks for the reminder! hehe Apple salad with pecans and dates is one of my faves… yum…

    ReplyDelete