My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 7, 2013

I'm on a roll!

Hi, all!

Hopefully, you are having a relaxing weekend and you are all keeping warm & safe.  I think we have to admit that winter has finally arrived, hasn't it?  Darn!!

Well, I'm still on a roll with step cards.  I'm having so much fun doing them that I had to make two more.  One is a Christmas card for someone special and the other is a birthday card for my brother-in-law. His birthday isn't until January, but for the first time in over 40 years, I was late sending his card last year.  This year, I intend to be ready!  ha ha

This first card is the Christmas card I made using one of the QKR Stampede digi stamps.  They were having a wonderful sale the other day & all their digi stamps were $1....I thought I showed enormous control in only getting five!  I loved this little grumpy looking bear carrying his Christmas tree & knew he would have to be a step card.

I thought I would add a little lattice fence from Die-Namics and decorate it with a string of lights from Cheery Lynn.  The cabin & Merry Christmas are Memory Box and the trees in the background are from Ellentine cutting dies. The small snowflakes are Impression Obsession.

On to the birthday card!  This was made with another $1 digi from QKR Stampede. Since my brother-in-law is an avid cross country skier, I thought this would be perfect!

The birch trees are from Memory Box. The moose & squirrel were from Hugware and the Happy Birthday sentiment was from a set my daughter got me years ago & unfortunately it has no name on it.  I added white glitter paper for the snow hills & popped up the skier with pop dots.

The last card is just a quick one I made to try out a new die my daughter sent me.

I used a Darice embossing folder for this one and the dies are from Tim Holtz.  Quick & simple.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Catch you later!
Sherri

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Sherri, I guess you've been on a roll! I've been ready some of your blog posts. Spectacular Christmas trees, beautiful Christmas cards. Where in the world did you get the energy?! I didn't get as many Christmas cards finished as I would have liked. I still have a couple I'd like to create that go along with the Starbucks theme I did about a week or so ago. I loved your Christmas tree story *laughing* What a hoot! We don't have a cat (allergies), but this will be Teddy's first "mobile" year. He's been saying, HO HO HO It's funny because we know he doesn't have a clue who or what Santa is. Wait until he sees the train under our tree *giggle* It's going to be a blessed Christmas. So glad you're Thanksgiving was a memorable one.

    Big Hugs,
    Susie ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've GOT to go look at those digis, now. I haven't heard of them, but those images are Adorable (with a capital "A")! Your cards are fantastic! LOVE the scenes with the critters! Happy cards! They deserve many exclamation points!!! Your last card is very pretty and elegant. Got to love making those simple cards the closer we get to Christmas, right? Fun stuff, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: Just have to come back and say I visited QKR... OMG, I'm in LOVE! Thanks so much for what looks like hours of browsing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Winter scenes Sherri! See, I told you, step cards are so much fun! Don't you just love how they display too?! Super cute characters…so creative and chilly looking… brrr! hehe TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks like you have been busy. I love the snowflakes, and the step cards are gorgeous. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete