My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I have a dial tone!!!

Hello, again!

I was beginning to panic & think I could never get back on the internet (or make a phone call) ever again!  I've been without phone service AND internet since yesterday morning & let me tell you that is ONE LONG time to be without them both!  While I don't spend a lot of time on the phone, I DO live pretty much on the computer.  I'm either blogging or reading my Kindle if I'm not actually making a card.  So when I picked up my phone yesterday to call my friend Gail to see where we were stamping at & didn't get a dial tone, I panicked!  It took a visit from the cable company, an hour chat with a sweet young man at the cable company (who had oodles of patience) and I was finally back in business......ALMOST!  While he had managed to cobble a temporary fix to my wifi, he couldn't re-set my Elvis back to it's original state.  I had to call my grandson Josh for that.  He had me unplugging & re-wiring things they had done & got me back in business in no time.  He is a genius (no partiality on my part either!) and when he tells me to pull plugs I do whatever he says because I know he knows exactly what he is doing! He is already smarter than any tech out there so I can't imagine what he will do with a few more years under his belt! And he's also way cuter! ha ha

Enough of my woes!  I've been working on cards like crazy & have a ton to post, but will start with a kid's birthday card for today.

This adorable little cow is a digi from Whimsy Stamps. I pulled some bright, cheerful paper from my stash and added the adorable picket fence from Die-namics to finish him off.

I'm entering him in the following challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February

Since we are going to be snowed in tomorrow with 2-4 inches if the forecast is correct, I'll be back then with another birthday card!

Have a great week!
Sherri

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! So bright and cheerful! I just love the paper you used with this image. We lost our TV for a week recently. Fortunately, it wasn't our internet! Somehow our DISH box got messed up and we had to wait for a service guy to come out. He was able to fix it pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kids card! Love the colors:) we were without Internet for a day a while back and I thought the world was ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri
    The card is so nice and cheery and bright! Love the whole design and the little fence is a perfect touch. So glad you are back on line and how lucky for you to have "inside" help!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, TV, phone, and internet -- that's a little too much all at once! We do get so intertwined with technology. I don't like dealing with the problems, but I do love using it! When it's all down is a good time to stamp, though! Love, love, LOVE your card today, Sherri! Super cute image, bright, fun, glittery papers, and the fence turns it all into a darling scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a darling design and colors Sherri, Glad your internet is back up and running, it is funny how much we miss it when it is out.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Sherri! Fab coloring and desiging! So bright and cheery! Love a happy card! Tim gave me a Nook for Christmas… oh dear… I love to read too and now it is just too easy!!!! eek! stamping and emailing is suffering! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with your super card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete