My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 5, 2016

QKR Challenge #177 - Valentine Cards

Happy Friday!

Are you ready for a great, relaxing weekend?  I am!!  Bet you are too!  But before we get too relaxed, I need to tell you what this week's QKR Stampede challenge is.  The challenge for this week is "Valentine Cards" and since I'm sure most of you are furiously working on yours, why not hop on over to the challenge & play along?  You could win some awesome digi stamps if you are the winner. Check out the store!


The digi I used was #10304 Choccolate Kisses.  What could be better than chocolate kisses?  Nothing!!

Seeing this cute little guy holding a heart shaped box of chocolates brought back a lot of memories for me, which is the main reason I chose him.  When my daughter was small, her grandfather always got her a heart shaped box of chocolates for Valentine's Day. It was always the high point of the holiday for her. Since she didn't like any of the chocolates with jelly inside, she would always push in the bottom of each chocolate before she chose it.  If I turned one over & the bottom was pushed in & it was still in the box I knew it was jelly filled!  ha ha  (Unfortunately, I don't like jelly filled either!)  Isn't it funny the things you remember?

Have a great weekend!
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my, your card is just adorable. You used one of my favorite color combo's and you coloring is spot on. I loved your story about the candy. That is a sweet memory. I am a follower of your blog now, I don't want to miss any of your creations. It is great to be on the QKR team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! So adorable! Love that glittery kiss on his cheek. Beautiful die cuts, too, of course. You always have the BEST die cuts! There was a gal at work who always pushed in the bottom of the chocolate and then left it laying if it was one she didn't care for. It's one thing for your kid to do it, but quite another in the workplace! BTW, I love jelly chocolates. You can send those to me. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image on this valentines card Sherri, love the beautiful dies cuts.
    gave me a laugh with your tale about your Daughter!.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what fun memories Sherri! Don't you wonder why they made those gross jelly ones anyway?! Super cute card Sherri! Are you going to send this one to your Melissa? Perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete