My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope yours was enjoyable & the weather was good.  We had storms all night, but the cloudy, stormy skies cleared out this afternoon & it was a beautiful day.  Perfect for remembering what this day is for. Not just another "vacation", but a time to remember all those who sacrificed for us to be able to enjoy these moments.

I have a birthday card to share tonite.  Another card for a co-worker.  I hope she likes it!

I wanted something simple, but elegant.  I decided a pot of geraniums wasn't the most "elegant" of flowers, but they are one of my favorites so I chose them anyway.  The image is from Flourishes & was colored with my Prismacolor brush markers.  I used a Spellbinder die to cut it out & two others for the bottom border. I am so happy I bought that set of border dies!  I promise to stop using them so much as soon as the newness wears off! ha ha  Am I the only one who does that?  You get a new stamp or new die that you really, really love & you just use it on everything for awhile!  Ok, then it IS just me! lol

Have a great week! Catch you later.

5 comments:

  1. Sherri
    I am enjoying everyone of your dies so dont stop!! I dont have any of those fancy ones - just basics and I never think to use them. I think I am always rushing to get the card done. But the dies you use, well, they just finish off your cards so nicely. Love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I love this little pot of geraniums. Dang, you're always reminding me of something I'd forgotten about. I don't think I've seen you use the pretty die you stamped it on, but it sure is a nice one. I really need to go die shopping. Mine are all rather plain, but I use them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful job coloring you did. I love your border and frame. Who makes those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, this is beautiful and I love geraniums. They were also 1 of my moms favorite flowers. Your dies are so awesome. I love the way this card turned out and the birthday girl should be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete