My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Flower Power!

Happy Hump Day!

Ladies, the sun is shining & it is up to 26 degrees already!!  Hurray!!!!  What a perfect day!  I hope you are all having a great one too!

Today, I'm sharing some cards with flowers.  Not the stamped kind, the "made by hand" kind!  I've been busily making flowers for some cards for 2 days & I have to say, I have really been enjoying it!  These little flowers are almost foolproof!  If I didn't have a lot of "man" birthday cards to do today, I would probably still be making flowers!

 This first card in yellow was done with Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles, Cheery Lynn Designs Miniature Rose, Memory Box Tiny Tendril and Die-namics Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose.  The "mini" rose from Die-namics is actually the large yellow flower so as not to confuse you.
 The second card was done with just the Cheery Lynn Designs Miniature Rose, Memory Box Tiny Tendrils and Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles.
And finally, our last one was done with Cheery Lynn DDesigns Miniature Rose, Memory Box Tiny Tendrils and Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25.

I think using the flowers just kind of brings out the beauty of the dies, doesn't it? And the nice thing about the miniature roses is that they are not super dimensional & should mail quite nicely!  You can puff them up with your fingers for a dramatic look or press them down easily for mailing and either way they are still beautiful! I have a ton of other ideas running around in my head for these roses, but off to work on "guy" cards for now!

Don't forget to stop at the Dies R Us blog today too!  Leave them a comment & you will be entered to win one of ten gift certificates they are giving away to celebrate their new blog and our design team!

Back tomorrow with a guy card!

Sherri

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Loved how you used the same die but made each one look different. The yellow one is my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cards...so beautiful. I think I have t5ohave that Miniature Rose die.
    Those flowers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, these are gorgeous. Everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, I SO LOVE these cards! They are like an Easter basket full of beautifully decorated eggs, or maybe a box of those yummy candy coated marshmallow eggs, or maybe after dinner mints, or maybe they're like three totally GORGEOUS cards! I love those pretty flowers. I know I need some flower dies, and after seeing these I think I need them sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Sherri. Really something.

    ReplyDelete