My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Aren't You a Peach!

What better way to take your mind off a runny nose & stuffed up head than to spend an evening stamping? I didn't think I would actually get anything finished tonite as I felt crummy but it is amazing how you forget things when you get busy trying to match up paper & color an image. No better therapy anywhere!

This is a thank you card for the "stash" my daughter asked for a while back.  I usually get them done much faster, but it has been a busy few weeks.  So, Melissa, I haven't forgotten your request!  I'm getting a nice stash together for you.

I used one of Mo Manning's new images and colored her with Prismacolor pencils & gamsol.  The paper is from a pack Melissa gave me from DCWV. I used Spellbinders for the layers and added some embossing to the background for a bit more interest.  And a Martha punch for the butterfly.

They are promising a dry day tomorrow, but with all the water they are releasing from the dam just north of us, they are also promising a lot of flooding. We are all crossing our fingers & praying it won't be as bad as expected.  My office building is about a block from the area they expect to be under water with the first release of dam water.  The businesses on that side of the road are evacuating, I'm told. I'm praying it doesn't get as far as our building.  Especially since I just bought a new car! It came with a lot of features, but floating wasn't one of them.  Guess we just wait & see what happens.

Catch you all later!

3 comments:

  1. oh no Sherri I hope your feeling better soon, try a whisky with hot water a little honey and a spoonful of brown sugar, it will help I promise, or maybe it just stops you caring you have a cold lol...either way!!!...wow I love the design of this and your colouring of Peaches is just stunning girl...beautiful
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are not feeling better yet. I have heard so many say they have colds.Take care. Isn't this image adorable..I just love her and need to get her too. I will say a prayer for all those that may be affected by flooding. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering. And your coloring.... Wow!

    ReplyDelete