My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Turn the heat off!!

Somebody turn the heat off!  It's 102 degrees right now and tomorrow is supposed to be "warmer" according to the weather channel.  Don't they mean "hotter", not "warmer" anyway?  I don't consider this as warm. It's plain hot, miserable, sticky, "icky" weather right now.

Enough complaining.  Today I have another guy card for work.  I don't know this guy well, but am told anything with a motorcycle on it would make him happy. Not having a motorcycle stamp, I went searching for a digi & found one at Birds Cards. I'm hoping it will fill the bill.

Again, I went with plain & simple.  The paper is from Authentique and I cut the image & sentiment with Spellbinder dies. You can't see it well, but I added a little Diamond Glaze to the red to give it some dimension. it was colored with Prismacolor markers.

Stay cool!  I'll catch you all later.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great guy card. I think for guys they like the card just a little more plain & I think most guys like motorcycles. My husband likes them, but he doesn't have one. I thought of you and Brady while I was coloring the cat. But gray was much easier to color than black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hot at your house? It's just lovely over here! Awesome card. Perfect DP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those digis are wonderful when you need something right away. That's what I love best about them. You colored this up just beautifully, and it's going to really appeal to the motorcycle guy. Your heat sounds awful! If it was that hot here I'd be inside stamping all the time. As it is, I'm outside and hardly stamping at all. I need some balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the glaze nicely :) Another great card for a guy. The paper is rather lovely - stripes make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I bet Brady doesn't know what to do with himself in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri
    I am sure your "guy" will like this card - I do and you would not catch me on a motorcycle but I like the red on this one!! And that background paper is great! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great guy card. Hang in there with the heat. I'm used to heat, but we have humidity here lately. That's just killing me.

    ReplyDelete