My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Country Birthday Wish!


Hi, again!

Well, as promised yesterday, I have something a bit different to share today.  I have to say this is the very first rooster I have ever done!  Yup, today's birthday card is a REALLY colorful rooster!  I debated on different paper choices for him & almost went with a gold gingham, but then I found this paper in my stash & just closed my eyes & went with it!  I guess at that point, I figured a bright image needed equally gaudy paper and this really had a country feel to it which was even better! ha ha

It's a shame my photography skills aren't better.  The shading on the rooster just doesn't show up on this and neither does the Wink of Stella that I used over him.   This rooster is from A Day For Daisies and the sprig under my button is Poppy Stamps Sylvan Sprig. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of cards I made with some new dies.  See you then!
Sherri 

6 comments:

  1. Sherri
    this just popped out of my pc to me when I saw it on my blogloving notice! I had to pop over to visit and tell you awesome sauce!!!! Just love the background paper and how you colored him up!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! I love this! LOVE it, I tell you! This image is so fabulous. I'm sure I'll have to have him. Love that he's wearing overalls! I see some pretty great coloring and shading on him, but it's so hard to get Wink of Stella to show up in a photo. I know it shows in real life, though, and a bit of shimmer is perfect on a rooster's beautiful feathers. The paper couldn't be more perfect, and the Sylvan Sprig in red with a button on top is brilliant! I'm just head over heels for this card, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you've got something to crow about with this awesome card. And I do see your fabulous coloring and shading coming through on you're rooster. Paper is perfect, perfect. Cock-a-doodle-do fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri this card is fabulous! Your coloring is awesome and I think the paper is perfect!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Sherri! I clicked on your photo and it's great! You might be able to capture a bit of the shine in a close up if you lay it down... Clicking to see it large, it's awesome! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this beautiful and colorful card. Very nicely colored, too.

    ReplyDelete