My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm Sew Excited!

Yes, you heard it right. I am "sew" excited!  Not only did I have a great day with my best buddy Gail but I got to eat my favorite fattening food at Chili's and make cards. As if that was not enough excitement for the day, I decided to go out of my comfort zone & try my hand at doing some sewing on my cards.  It is so easy to get into a rut & I found myself making the same basic card style way too many times.  So a trip to the store was in order to purchase a small sewing machine & try out my rusty sewing skills.  Obviously, I need to practice a bit more! ha ha  But it was a lot of fun so that is the main thing.

After doing Valentines for so long, I was ready for a change of pace & decided this Lily of the Valley stamp was just the change I needed. It was colored with copics & Prismacolor markers.  The paper is K & Company.

I also added a bit of sewing on this sympathy card which I made for someone at work, but with the flowered paper, it is hard to see it.  This also was K & Company paper.  I adore their papers! And, of course, a Martha Stewart punch.

I am hoping to get in some more practice tomorrow & continue playing with my new "toy" after I get the shoveling done.  Yes, it is snowing again!  I sure hope that furry rodent was right & winter is coming to an early end! Although to see his shadow this year, I think he would have had to travel to Hawaii to see the sun! We certainly haven't seen much of it in Iowa!

Catch you all later..

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are sew cute. I hadn't seen the Lili of the Valley before. I love the layout of both cards. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sewing looks neat and different. Fun to try new things.

    ReplyDelete