My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Flower Power

Hi everyone!

What kind of Saturday did you all have?  Mine was spent having a rummage sale at my Dad's. Now I remember why I said "I will never have another garage sale" the last time we had one!  They are miserable! My sister came down to help me and we spent yesterday & today sitting outside in the garage & freezing to death! I think the high yesterday was 53 but the wind was blowing & it felt like about 32 instead. At least it is over.  YEAAAAAAA!!!

I just got some wonderful new stamps from Fourishes yesterday & was so upset that I couldn't sit right down & start exploring the possibilities. But with a garage sale there was no time then. I had to wait until tonite to have fun.  After 2 days of "work" it was so relaxing to come home & take out this first stamp & begin to work on a card. Here is what I came up with for a birthday card I need next week.

I colored it with copics & added a touch of pencil for more detail.  The doily punch is one of my favorites from Cheery Lynn Designs & the lace at the bottom is from a Martha punch.   I stamped the flower pot on to the background paper & paper pieced the pot to blend everything together. 

Well, my eyes are closing & my fingers are crossing so I had better get to bed before I fall asleep at the keyboard!  It's been a LONG couple of days.

Hope you enjoy my zennias!  Catch you all later!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you Sunday make's up for the last 2 days and you are having fun playing with you new stuff. I love, love this card. Your coloring is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhhh I so wish they had garage sales here the closest we have are car boot sales...your flowers stamp is gorgeous Sherri and wow wow wow to your amazing colouring of them too...hope the garage sale was a success after all the freezing you did
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful stamp and I just love how you colored the bouquet in these rich and wonderful colors. I hope you made out well on your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty. I love that you chose this set. It is one of my favs. Each year when I was a little girl my mom and I would plant zinnias. It brings back such special memories for me. She passed away when I was in my twenties and I still plant my zinnias each year and remember those days gone by. Great coloring Sherri. LOVE this. I froze at a baseball tournament all weekend. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete