My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

Variety is the spice of life!

Happy Monday!

And it IS a happy Monday!!  It is already up to 50 degrees (yes, ABOVE zero!!) and headed for a high of 62 today!  But enjoy it!  Just when you think Mother Nature has finally had enough fun tormenting us with wicked weather, they are saying rain/snow for tomorrow & much colder.  And the same thing for Saturday night.  Will someone PLEASE give her some chocolate!!

I've been working on a lot of cards and a big variety so I thought I would share a few this morning. The first two were done with a cutting die I bought in Kansas City last October.  It was a new company I hadn't heard of called Ellentina, but they had a huge selection & I bought quite a few from them.  The first time I tried using this die, I wasn't too happy with the results, but I discovered if I used a sheet of cardstock over it as a shim, it cuts perfectly!  I used it first as a sympathy card and next as a wedding card background. It's beautiful enough to stand on it's own with just a sentiment, isn't it?


 I needed some "girl" birthday cards and what says girl more than lace & fairies?  This little gal is from A Day For Daisies.  I cut her out with Spellbinders Decorative Label Eight.
 And finally, I thought this happy elephant would be a perfect choice for a kid's birthday card.  He is from Our Craft Lounge and I cut him out with a Joy Craft 6002/0147 square.  This is one of my favorite dies & also comes in a rectangle shape.

I hope that gave you just a peek into what I've been up to.  I'll be back tomorrow with something new! I hope you can go outside & enjoy this beautiful weather!

Sherri

2 comments:

  1. More gorgeous cards. Wow you have been busy, and I have been wasting my day on the computer. I had better get something done. Love them all, they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been so productive with your cards and they're all just gorgeous! I love every one of the colored images. I have never heard of Ellentina, but that certainly is a beautiful die. I do love the last die, too. Gosh, I always get die envy when I come here. I hope you get more of those nice days. That cranky old Mother Nature is an indecisive gal, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete