My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 28, 2014

QKR Stampede Challenge# 115 - Anything But A Card!

Hello again!

Is everyone still groaning with all the food you ate yesterday?   I LOVE getting together with family and friends anytime, but there is some so special about Thanksgiving, isn't there?  It's a time to sit & think about all the riches we have (and I'm NOT speaking of monetary riches) and the blessings we have been given.  My grandmother used to say she was "rich"......NOT  "wealthy" and then she would smile & say "there is a difference, you know"  & I would hear her tell me how rich she was in all that REALLY mattered.  So I hope your day was "rich" with blessings!

On to our challenge! The QKR Stampede challenge this week is "Anything But A Card" and boy, did this one stump me for awhile!  I'm so used to doing mostly cards, that I confess to having a bit of panic wondering what I could come up with.  The answer was right in front of me.....literally, right in front of me! I looked at the empty can of peanuts I had just finished & was going to throw away & decided it would be a perfect container for a gift of candy at Christmas!  I've been trying to eat less candy & eat things that are healthier for you & nuts seem to fill that bill.  I may have to eat a lot more of them now, because the container turned out so cute, I plan to make quite a few to give out now!  And I know exactly what I am filling them with too! My new favorite candy......(yes, I know I said I wasn't going to eat as much....I didn't say I was stopping!)......Werther's Original Creamy Caramel Filled Hard Candies! If you have never tried them, DON'T!!!!!!! The outside hard candy layer is really thin & melts almost immediately & then you get the inside creamy caramel which is the best I've ever tasted! They are awesome and addictive!  Heed my warning!!  ha ha   Anyway, my cute little container was done with digi # 22301 Winter Moose.  Isn't he just adorable?

 The lid was already green, which looked pretty much like Christmas !  You can't see the other side of the sentiment (Merry Chris-moose to you) but there is a cute fir tree there. One word of warning, however, be sure the person you are giving this container to has NO peanut allergies & is aware that the container once held peanuts!  There are a lot of people who are affected by peanut allergies!
This is the top of the peanut can now.  How cute is that moose?  I can see him on Xmas tags, Xmas cards, more containers......Hop on over to the store & see what you can find!  And be sure to join in on all the fun from this week's challenge too!  There are some really crafty ladies out there & I can't wait to see what we get!

Happy Crafting!
Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Look how perfectly the paper matches the top. I love that because it's not so easy to cover those plastic tops. I have a hard time getting any adhesive, even Scor-Tape, to stick and stay stuck. However, I do love to alter cans and boxes. In fact, it doesn't take any longer than making a card, but cards are easier to store if you don't use them right away. Listen to me ramble. Anyway, the moose is totally adorable and he makes a perfect decoration for the can. You've got me all inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute....love that image...smiling...

    ReplyDelete