My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My "Halloween" Easter Bunny!

Yup, you heard it right! Tonite's post is what I laughingly call my "Halloween" Easter bunny. My friend Gail & I were working on Easter cards this afternoon as part of my get well therapy. While she was working on her card (gorgeous), I was struggling with mine.  I knew I wanted to paper piece the egg, but just couldn't find the perfect paper. (Stop laughing, guys! I know what you are thinking! I do NOT have more paper than a warehouse)  And then I found one I loved.  The problem was it was actually Halloween paper from a Paper Studio holiday pack.  And it had a lot of black in it.  Gail didn't think black was a proper color to use on an Easter card but was willing to go along with my choice until I started looking for black ribbon.  I think I lost her there!  ha ha That's when she starting making jokes that we could blame my craziness on my meds.

So what do you think??   Who says you can't use black on an Easter card?  I added some flower soft on his tail to make it nice & bunny soft. The stamp itself is from Inky Antics & I colored him with Prismacolor pencils & gamsol.

I don't think we have laughed so hard in a long time & it did me a world of good after the rotten week last week. My eyes seem to be doing better & the flu or bug I had, while not completely gone, is getting better too.  Thanks to all of you who left well wishes for me.

So what is the verdict?  Is it ok to use black for Easter cards or do we have to stick with bland pastels?

Off to see what other strange combinations I can come up with!  Catch you later!

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love stripped eggs. I love the bunny too. I just saw this stamp the other day and thought it was perfect foe Easter. I would love to spend a day stamping with you both. Thanks for your encouraging words I appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - I have to admit, I really ❤ the fuzzy tail! lol I think kids would pick this design over pastels any-day! Super cute bunny and card... Glad you had a great time and laughed a lot! oh, and I like black a lot, it's right up there with brown in my book! lol I'm serious! I love brown!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, next up the 4th of July bunny. I have to admit it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete