My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Mailbox Treasures!

Hi, all!

If you are like me, the mailbox is usually full of either bills or junk mail. Yesterday, and today, however, my mailbox was a treasure trove! Yesterday I got a surprise package from one of my blog friends with a set of Christmas stamps and a die!  Both of them are awesome & I have already made 2 cards with the stamps. I didn't have the stamps or the die & both are fabulous!

This is the first card. When I saw the size of the stamps, I immediately thought of a snow globe stamp I have & knew they would be the perfect size! I've never had stamps the right size to use with it before so have never really used it.  These were absolutely perfect!  Santa is from my new stamp set by Inkadinkado and the globe is from my old one by Penny Black. I popped the globe up with pop dots and added the sentiment using a Spellbinder die.  Stickles for a touch of glitter, of course!!  These stamps are just perfect!!


This is the 2nd card I made with both sets of stamps.  I added a Merry Christmas sentiment with a die from Cheery Lynn.  Stickles for glitter on this one too!  You can never have enough glitter!!

Then today's mail contained a Tim Holtz die from my daughter which is an early Xmas present.  It is a snowflake rosette and I can tell you right now, there are 6 of them laying on my desk that will go on my tree once I go downstairs tonight!  They cut in one strip, you glue them together & glue on the side snowflake. Simple to make & already scored for folding so you can make them in literally a couple of minutes! Perfect!



Aren't they gorgeous!  And while I was typing this, my daughter just emailed to say she has also sent another snowflake so I'm sure I will be back with more awesomeness to share in the next day or two!  Wow!  I'm having a good week, ladies!  Even if it is going to be 11 below zero tonite & the wind is howling!  I bet you can guess who will be watching out the window for the mailman tomorrow!!  They would be great in colors too, but since I have a lot of white ornaments on my tree, I stayed with white.

Have a great day!  Catch you all later!

2 comments:

  1. Fab snow-globe cards Sherri! oh, really nice Merry Christmas cut too! Pretty snowflakes and adorable colored images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are adorable and full of BIG smiles! And, of course, your snowflakes are so pretty. Your tree must be beautiful with all the white on it. You got some very happy mail!

    ReplyDelete