My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I'm so excited!

Hi, everyone!
How does that old song the Pointer Sisters used to sing (way back in the day) go? "I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!"  Well, that's me today!  I was asked to join the QKR Stampede Design Team several weeks ago and my first posting to their weekly Friday challenges will be Friday, February 7th!  And as the song goes, "I'm so excited!"  They have some fantastic design team members who do incredible work so they have set the bar high! Don't forget to join us on the 7th!!

I've been so excited over this news, that it helped take the sting out of that furry rodent in Pennsylvania seeing his shadow & predicting another 6 more weeks of this dreadful winter!

I do have a card to share today.  I have a favorite embossing folder that I have been having fun with and can't decide if I want this card as an old fashioned valentine or will use it for something else.


If you look closely you can see the beautiful embossing detail on the heart.  I fussy cut it out after embossing it on some of Michael's polka dot cardstock. The rest of the paper is from a 6 X 6 pad from Simple Stories. I loved all the paper in it as it all looked old fashioned. The paper bow is from Lil' Inkers.
I'm going to enter this in the following challenge:  Just Us Girls #226 -Sketch challenge

Have a great Sunday. I'm sure everyone will be watching the Superbowl tonite! I hope your teams wins!! lol

Sherri

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! Congrats on the design team. you certainly deserve it! They have amazing images to work with. Can't wait to see your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Congrats on making the design team!! Looking forward to seeing your cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't hide it you say? Well, you did a pretty darn good job of hiding it for the last several weeks! I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with their images. They really have some great ones there. I think I've looked at all their critters. I especially love the cats. Well, all the critters. I didn't even know about them till I saw something you had done, so you're going to be great for the team. I'll certainly be shopping there! Congratulations!

    Now, today's card is so cute! I really love those papers. They remind me of the calico fabrics I used in my sewing days. The embossed heart is very pretty and the perky little paper bow in the corner is a darling addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! I left a comment yesterday, but I don't see it now. You are one talented woman and you will be a great asset to the DT. Your coloring is the best I've seen, an you have great style.
    This card is just so pretty. Great design and I really like how you finish the inside of your cards also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful papers....love the colors and the embossing on the yellow polka dot heart! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combo! It really works well together! Thanks for joining us this time over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable! Great combo of papers and the embossing on the yellow heart really sets this off. That paper bow is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your design team! You will do a wonderful job. Your creations are always so cute. This is a great card-love that heart. Just lovely.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete