My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 10, 2014

Time to give thanks!

Happy Monday!

Wherever you are reading this from, I hope the sun is shining there too!  Although it has gotten to 11 degrees outside, I can take the cold as long as that old sun is shining down!  Somehow, that always makes the day go just a little smoother and happier.

Saturday was a birthday for me and thanks to some wonderful & amazing friends and family I was blessed enough that I now need to send some heartfelt thank you notes! Although I had been working on a few, I needed several more so today I'm sharing those.


These first two were made with a new set of dies I got for my birthday. These are Memory Box Cherise Label and Tiffany Frame. The sentiment is an old one from Studio G.

For this one, I used the same dies, but chose a stamp from Flourishes that I especially love and added an embossed edge.

For the last two, I stamped 2 more pots of flowers from that same set of Flourishes flowers and did a couple different versions of the embossed edge again.  I'm loving embossed edges right now! ha ha  Am I the only one who gets enthralled with a stamp, a die, an embossing folder or technique & just wants to try it every way I can imagine until I finally get tired of it?  Okay, so I may be a bit odd.....lol

One thing you can't see well in the photos, but that looks amazing on the flowers is the Wink of Stella Brush in clear that I brushed over each flower.  It makes everything all sparkly & glittery! This was something I had never tried before but was in the box of goodies from my daughter.  I can tell you, I will not be without one from now forward! Amazing tool!

Have a wonderful week!  I'll be back with something fun tomorrow.

Sherri

6 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Sherri🎉🎈🎂 love your new die and coloring on your cards! Lucky you for seeing the sun today😊 we are having freezing drizzle in North Texas today & overnight. However, we are suppose to be in the upper 60's end of the week and 70's for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Very pretty cards. I especially like the lilac with the gingham. It really caught my eye. Looks like a fun die to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dies are so cute! Someone knows what you love! Each card is so pretty in the different colors and designs. I especially like the red on white with the red border along the side. I can just feel all the fun you had creating these. I'm glad you had such a good birthday. It is your day and yours alone and it should be special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri
    I am loving each and everyone of these cards. You are the Queen of Dies to me - I am always in awe of how you use your dies and everything is so together! Have to ask you - what is wink of stella brush??? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all gorgeous Sherri! I LOVE this die and all the ways you've used it! Lots of loveliness! Happy Belated Birthday to you! I agree with you! The wink of Stella glitter markers are amazing! love them! Did you know they come as metallics now too?! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Sherri. Your little thank you cards are absolutely darling. Just love those pretty dies and how you used them to perfection.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete