My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Misc thank you notes

Happy Thursday!

It is gloomy, cloudy & looks like we are in for more rain again today.  I guess the yard will wait until tomorrow afternoon to be mowed now.  I hope wherever you are, the sun is at least shining!  Maybe it's just me, but gloomy days make me tired & I just want to curl up on the couch with a good book.

I have several thank you notes to post today.  I was just playing around the other afternoon trying to get some ideas and before you know it, I had done 3 cards but none of them were exactly what I was looking for. The first one was created with Spellbinders, Cheery Lynn and Magnolia dies. I was going to add a ribbon to tie it shut, but decided I liked it better without.  Unfortunately, I couldn't hold it together for the shot, but I think you get an idea. Folded up, it was really pretty.
 This next card was done with a Memory Box die.  Instead of using the cut out from the die, I set that aside to use later & used the negative impression it left.
 And lastly, another card made with a Memory Box die using the same technique.
Off to see if I can find some energy somewhere & get something accomplished before I doze off! ha ha Seeing Brady sleeping in the chair beside me really looks pretty good right now!  Oh, to have his life! Sleep , eat, get back rubs, eat, sleep, more back rubs......No wonder he purrs all the time!  I would too!!

Enjoy your day!
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! I love the cut outs and the gorgeous dies...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all so gorgeous! The fold on the first with the butterfly and dies -- beauteous! Really love the negative cut on the second card, how it makes such a lovely border. That is just ideal! Looks like an awesome and intricate die. And, last of all, polka dots, gingham, and flowers -- what's not to love? You always give me great ideas, and the idea today is to get more of these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri
    I love all these cards but if I had to pick a fave it is the first one - love the red and white - just so striking! I am reading a good book recommended by a blog buddy - Wildflower Hill by Kimberly Freeman - love it! Good curl up book ;) hugs

    ReplyDelete