My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Potted Flowers

Happy Saturday!

The temperature today is absolutely glorious, even if that is because it is so cloudy & gloomy outside!  I should have waited to mow today instead of yesterday when it was about 86 and humid! Since they were forcasting rain for today, I panicked & decided I had better mow yesterday.  I should know not to listen to the weatherman!

I have a birthday card to share today.  I just got some new dies & was anxious to try them out.  I think I changed the design of this card about three times while I was doing it & am not happy at all with the way it finally turned out.  Back to the drawing board! Sometimes your first idea is the one you should go with afterall!   But regardless of that,  I did want to show you the beautiful dies!

This was made with Cheery Lynn Border Carnivale, Memory Box Happy Birthday Garland & Memory Box Fancy Potted Flower dies.   I took the cutouts from the flower pot & colored them with my copics before setting them back into the frame.

I think I have procrastinated long enough now.  Time to start the vacuum and scare the cat out of his afternoon nap! If he hadn't kept us both awake all night "complaining" about the thunder, neither of us would be tired today!  I wonder if they make ear plugs for cats?   Hmmmm.......

Enjoy your weekend!!
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sherri! Love the dies and how you used the inside of the pot and colored it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and clever! I see great things in your future with these dies, and you're off to a good start with this card. Adorable! The birthday sentiment is so fine and delicate. Amazing how they come up with these. You really put me in the mood to go play in my stamp room, but wouldn't you know it's bedtime. Shucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty! Poke a dots and daisies... what a wonderful combo. Throw in a couple of pretty dies and you have another awesome Sherri card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hasn't rained here in so long I almost forget what thunder is like! Love the dies on this card. That border is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete