My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Double the fun!

Happy Hump Day, everyone!
I hope your week is going great & your weather is fantastic!

If you are like me, you are probably always looking for another way to use something you already have or another idea to make your cards even better.  Why not try cutting half a die and embossing the other half? Sound like something you might like to try?  Here is the finished result:

 The right half of this doily die was "cut", while the left half was just embossed into the paper.

 Here is a closeup of the doily so you can see what I'm talking about.

For more detailed instructions on how to do this, please visit the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog & check today's post by me there.

I'll be back later with something else to share!  Enjoy your day!!
Sherri

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this idea! Very creative and absolutely gorgeous! Very pretty doily die and lacy die cut borders. Just love that cut away opening. Never would have thought to do this just this way. Super cute image, too. Fabulous card, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what an awesome creation Sherri and SO CLEVER! Thanks for always sharing such wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri
    This is just so different and what a great idea. I love the design, very clever indeed. The image is adorable too and colored so nicely. Great card! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, CaroleAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Love your card and coloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card design Sherri.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lacy card!! Thanks for stopping by and for the warm welcome to DRU! Looking forward to working with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful creative card...so pretty! And, I thank you for welcoming me to the Dies R Us Challenge Team! Looking forward to lots of fun and fab inspiration from all of you!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherri, I love this card, I didn't thought to use the die like this.. It's simple but brillant ! I have to try.... then I'll know if it's really so simply...:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete