My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 1, 2013

Back to Normal

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween.  The weather here was beautiful last night so I was really expecting a large crowd of trick or treaters.  I even made another trip to the store to be sure I had enough candy on hand, but I could have saved myself the bother.  I only had 30 this year, which is a new all time low for me. So you know what that means!  I'll be on a sugar high the rest of the weekend!

If you were wondering why I hadn't posted, my sister has been here for a week and just returned home.  Things should be relatively back to normal now, so I can catch up on all the things I postponed to visit with her.  Like the 2 thank you cards I made this morning.  One goes to my nephew & the other to his wife.  Normally, I would send just one to the both of them, but he is doing some teaching out of town right now.

I got the idea for these cards from Peggy (aka jasonw1 on Splitcoast Stampers).  Her original card was just beyond beautiful, like everything she makes.  She used a different punch on hers & added a beautiful bow, but I knew mine would mail better without it.

I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the butterflies in a 5 inch square.  The little butterfly stamp is from Inkadinkado and the sentiment from Stampabilities.

This version will go to my nephew as it isn't quite so feminine looking.  Another Martha Stewart punch for the sides and this time I popped up the center Hampton Art image with pop dots for a bit of interest.

I hear some leaves calling my name.  I've been really trying to ignore them all afternoon, but since I don't have a yard man (or willing elves) if I don't go rake them, they won't get done. They are so deep you can't even find the sidewalk.  And I don't have a single tree in my yard anymore! They all belong to the neighbors on both sides and fall into my yard instead of theirs.

Enjoy your weekend! I should be back with something then.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri
    Yeah the trick or treaters were sparse this year here too! I am thinking that most of my neighbors like us have grown children and there are not a lot of little ones around here anymore. I took my candy to work-don't need the moment on the lips and life time on the hips here....lol I worked to hard to lose 25 lbs this year!!!
    Your cards are just gorgeous. Funny, I know what card on SCS you are talking about as I saw it myself too. Love how cool the border punch looks like that on your card. I am sure your nephew and niece will love their card. Have a great weekend.
    Bear Hug,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Great design. I haven't seen the butterfly punch before, but I sure love it. Love the polka dot butterflies, too, and the wonderful sentiment. The black and white has fabulous impact and the lattice punch goes great with the image. Super cards, Sherri! I don't know why this post didn't show up on my Bloglovin. I nearly missed it! We only had two trick or treaters at our house, but 200 or more at work. A fun day!

    ReplyDelete