My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Whoooo loves Christmas?

Happy Hump Day!

I guess it is only fitting to post a "critter" card on Hump Day, so today I have a Christmas Owl.  This was a digi from the Best of JustInkLined for 2012 CD that I purchased several months ago.  It was quite a bargain & I hope they have another one at the end of this year!  I almost didn't get it because it sounded too good to be true: over 200 digi images for $5. I thought they would be really horrible images at that price, but most of them are things I can use.

I colored him with pencils & Gamsol.  The sentiment is from Craft Smart & was in the dollar bin at Michaels a few weeks ago.  (I know a bargain when I see one so I grabbed it)  I used a Spellbinder die to cut it out & the acorn die is from Ellentina and one of the dies I got when we went to Kansas City last month. The paper is from my stash.

Rest up today.  They are saying several inches of snow & frigid temps for tomorrow! May I say again that "I HATE WINTER!!"   Ha ha  I like the snow, I just don't want to shovel it, push it, walk on it, or drive on it! Other than that, it's great!

Catch you later!

5 comments:

  1. This is a very nice image! You're darn right you know a bargain when you see one. Your coloring with the pencils turned out great, and your step card and colors make a fabulous outdoorsy, nature-themed Christmas card. I'm a little frustrated that my new printer won't take my Flourishes Classic White cardstock which I always print my digis on. Not sure what I'm going to do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this owl image is just delightful. Owls are so in this year. I went to the Bealls outlet and saw all the cutest little Santa owls configurations you could possibly imagine. I had to run past....,they were calling my name and I already have "bears" and don't want to get involved with any more collections!!! Love that pinecone die too. This card is wonderful.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, this is a beautiful Christmas Step card!! You did an outstanding coloring job on the owl (I love digi's), and I love the fancy tag from Spellbinders too. It was a perfect choice to stamp your sentiment on. Sherri, from my home to yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with your daughter and her family. Be safe, and make memories!

    Big hugs,
    Susie ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, this is gorgeous card. The owl colored up beautifully and that pinecone is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri
    I love this owl and you colored it so well. I am timid when it comes to coloring "critters" - I do big hair and big eyes better;) Love that pine cone die too and who who who doesn't like a bargain! LOL Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete