My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

"Step" Into Fall....

Hi, again!

I hope your week has started off well.  And if your forecast is anything like ours, I hope you are enjoying these last couple of warm days.  Arctic cold blast, high of 15 and snow are ahead for us by the end of the week.  Ick!!  I'm guessing it would be a good idea to get the snow blower out from in front of the car & move it to the front of the garage, huh?

Today we are going to pretend it is still fall and I have another step card to share.  I am still trying to get out of my comfort zone.  I don't normally do a lot of scenes.  When I painted, scenes were my favorite things to do, but for cards, not so much. So I took a digi from JustInkLined and printed it on watercolor paper.  I dug out my old watercolor pencils I never use anymore & colored the fall scene. Then I decided to do another step card since I was already so far out of my comfort zone.  ha ha   Here is the result.

I only did one step on this one. The great fence is from Memory Box as is the tree. The park bench is a Marianne Design die and the gorgeous cat is one my friend Gail cut from her Cameo & shared with me. There were actually 3 cats sitting together, but they covered up too much of the bench so I made this little guy the lone fence sitter.  I have to admit, I am enjoying the luxury of having more time to spend on each card now that I'm not working.

Catch you later!  Who knows what I will have to share by then!
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my, look at the color on those trees! Nice work with the watercolor pencils, Sherri! I just love the cat sitting on the fence as well as the whole fabulous scene. We're having rain and wind here but not much to get excited about. I love the cozy winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love these step cards you're makingšŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! don't want to think about cold! Yesterday was perfect here! Gorgeous scene creating Sherri! I have to keep clicking to look again! hehe TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is precious. I love the little kitty sitting on the fence enjoying that beautiful fall scene. This is so warm and welcoming.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete