My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oh, Christmas tree, Oh, Christmas tree!

Hi, all!

Well, I have been working on cards, but unfortunately, the only good one is for someone's birthday & I can't post it yet.  In the meantime, I have been trying my hand at making a paper Christmas tree out of rosettes.  This really looked simple when I saw the pictures of finished ones.  I soon found out, it wasn't as easy as it looked.


When you start trying to make the rosettes, they don't tell you that anything over 1 1/2 inches wide will need a strip longer than 12 inches!  Found that out the hard way.    I used a die for the topper and glued some little red bows all around.  My next one will be better now that I learned what NOT to do!  ha ha
For the base, I covered a spool of thread with some matching paper & glued my dowel inside.

Catch you later!

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! This is just so awesome. It is perfectly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Sherri! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so sweet and fun and festive and fabulous! I love all the different colors and papers you used. What a great addition to your Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, now that is precious with the little bows decorating it. I just love these. So cute. I might have to try one!
    Bear hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete