My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Falling Leaves

Hi, everyone!

I've been on a kick for a couple of days now & can't seem to get enough of the beautiful leaf dies I have.  I'm sharing the latest three cards I made so you can see for yourself.  It wasn't my intention to make 2 birthday cards with leaves.  When I realized yesterday that Dad's brother has a birthday coming up I thought I should get a card done so I would be ready.  Well......there was this pile of fall leaves I had already cut and they just seemed to be calling my name  (which is something only CHOCOLATE usually does!) so I grabbed them & this is what I ended up with.


This is my favorite of the two.  I used a piece of Recollections paper from Michael's packs for the background & added these Spellbinder leaves.  I also added leaves to the inside.

I still had some leaves left over, so I started playing around with those & ended up with card number two! It also has leaves added to the inside.

And since I also had some of those tiny little maple leaves left from the wild punching spree I had the other night, I thought I might as well use those too, so this is what I ended up with.

When I made the original cards using this wreath the other day, I completely covered the grapevine wreath. This time I left most of it uncovered and added a bare branch to the window scene from Impression Obsession.  I'm not happy with the photo on this one, but I've managed to change something in my editing which is not working like it should.  In person, the card is really much prettier.

So!  Off to do more research on insurance supplements!  YUK!  Hopefully, I can get that finished up & start working on some cards this afternoon.  I already have some Christmas ideas I want to try out and since it actually snowed here yesterday, I am really in the mood for Christmas cards now!

Have a great "hump" day!  (Are you thinking of that camel commercial & smiling?  Me too!)

Catch you later!
Sherri 



4 comments:

  1. All three cards are super, Sherri! I just love those fall colors on the first two, and your faux stitching on the second. You're so good to use up all those leftovers. I just wind up with overflowing boxes of leftovers. I really love the grapevine wreath and the branch in the window on your third card. I know how much better they always look in person. One of my other retired friends told me yesterday she's been spending hours on the computer researching Medicare supplements. It can be mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Sherri, you are on a wonderful creative roll and I am loving all your cards but that last one was a big WoW for me! Love the whole window theme with the bare branch. Just beautiful! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these leaf cards, my favorite it the one with 4 squares and stitching. LOVE it. Karal

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fall cards are marvelous. Love that leaf die from spellbinders too. I adore how you did the faux stitching around the leaves in the middle card. So pretty.
    Bear Hugs,]
    Carol

    ReplyDelete