My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 15, 2013

Spoil yourself silly!

Happy Friday!
I'm sure a lot of you are glad tomorrow is Saturday!  I remember how I used to count the minutes until the week was done when I was working!

As I promised you yesterday, I have a couple of birthday cards to share tonite.  I started out to make something I could use bubbles with.  I know that sounds strange, but I bought a jar of South Pacific Sea Glass Mudd Puddles when we went to Kansas City & just had to try them out.  I immediately thought of two stamps I had that featured bathtubs.  The first card I tried it on was a Penny Black image of my favorite cat.

I did a step card with him, but wasn't happy with the final look so I stamped a different image that I had from Prairie Fairy.  That one had a slightly larger bathtub & the bubbles were more in proportion to the tub.

I went with an easel card this time & was much happier with the total "bubble" look.  This is the version I ended up giving to my friend when we celebrated her birthday today.  It's hard to see the actual bubbles in the photo, but they actually look like the real thing on the card.

I'm working on some Christmas things right now.  Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with something new.

Enjoy your weekend!!
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I love both cards and the bubbles look fabulous! The first image is so cute with the mouse having a mini-tub of its own. How adorable! The second card is amazing with the happy birthday sentiment looking like it's stamped on a bathmat. The absolute perfect card to go with the gift. I know your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri these are both so cute. I love to play with bubbles in real life-so you know I think these cards are awesome. There is something about blowing bubbles and watching the breeze take them in the air. They are so pretty. I like both of your card styles too.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri
    I love both cards your made. The color combo in the first one is great and I just love that image with the cat and mouse. How cute is that!! The bubbles add just the right touch and I don't think I have ever seen these bubbles around - so great embellishments! I love the step card - I have never made one and yours always look picture perfect! Here's to blowing bubbles and long relaxing bubble baths!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cards! So fun Sherri! The gems are perfect and love your cards!

    ReplyDelete