My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi, everyone!

Mother's Day is just around the corner, so the QKR Stampede challenge for today is Challenge #86-Mother's Day! This was always one of the cards I spent a lot of time making, to be sure it was just right! I wanted it to be as special as my Mom, and no matter what the card looked like, she always raved on & on about it like it was a Piccaso.  I miss her so much! Today's card is to honor her, even though she is gone now.  And I know she is looking at it & telling everyone in Heaven that her daughter MADE that beautiful card!  So ladies, whether or not you are lucky enough to still have your Mom's or not, make her a beautiful card!

I wanted flowers for my card & chose #3601 Roses.  I mounted them with Spellbinder Floral Oval & Radiant Rectangles.  The background was embossing with a swiss dot embossing folder.

Head on over the QKR Stampede's challenge blog right now to join in the celebration!

Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Grace has a very special daughter. Your card is a beautiful tribute to her.
    The blue roses are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sherri, your coloring of these roses is so pretty and the card you gave them to rest on is a stunner with the beautiful dies and embossing. I have both these dies but haven't thought to put them together before. They look fabulous layered. What you wrote about your Mom gave me a big lump in my throat. I know she was very special to you and I can imagine she would have raved on and on about your cards. She is admiring this from Heaven, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sherri
    This is just so special and you colored it with perfection and love. My mom did the same as yours - raved about all the art work I did. I know how you must miss her, as I miss my mom too and they are both watching and admiring what we make from up above! Happy Mother's Day to you next week! Take care and stay well, big hugs, CaroleAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this 1 Sherri, it is so pretty. I also make a card for my mom each year and she must look at hers from heaven too.

    ReplyDelete