My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Beautiful edging!I

Hello, friends!

I've been in a flower mood lately & have pulled out some of my favorite flower stamps again.  I can only go so long without coloring...No doubt something left over from my childhood!  I've always loved to color!  Do you remember the big boxes of crayons they would have around Christmas?  The ones with 60 colors AND a crayola sharpener?  Those were my absolute favorite things to receive as a gift!  I can still smell them now just thinking about it!  My favorite color out of the entire box was Prussian Blue!  They didn't have that one in the smaller boxes & it was the most beautiful blue ever made as far as I was concerned.  ha ha  Ah, such memories!  Kids now days probably don't get excited over a box of crayons....only a new laptop or Iphone.  How much they are missing!!

Well, enough of memory lane....I colored this flower image up just so I could use one of my new dies., Penny Black Border Edges.  There are 2 dies in this set & I actually bought it for the other die (which I will share tomorrow) but I'm pretty happy with this one too!


It makes a really pretty, old fashioned edge, doesn't it?   I added Wink of Stella to everything and some added yellow Stickles for the flower centers.    If you haven't colored in awhile, grab your pencils, your markers, your paints or whatever your favorite medium is & spend an afternoon just having fun!

Back tomorrow!
Sherri


2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this image. It was one of my favorite sets. Your rich colors are absolutely divine! The bright yellow really sets off the flowers and the border is super cute. Bloglovin' doesn't seem to be working properly today and this didn't show up. Sometimes it gets goofy and I have to wonder how much I miss. Just thought I'd drop in, anyway, and so glad I did. Seems like a long time since I posted a card, but I will have one tomorrow. You inspire me to want to stamp more and more. I was a nut for those color crayons, too. The big box was so beautiful. All those colors! And the smell! I will forever associate it with beauty and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card with that beautiful coloured stamped image Sherri! love the pretty white scalloped circle against that yellow card and boarder.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete