My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Happy Halloween!

Hi, everyone!

Yes, I know Halloween is long past, but when Mo Manning had this cute digi for sale on her retirement sale I had to have it.  How cute is this!


I remember the days of putting on costumes and going trick or treating well.  One year, the gal across the street from us went as a devil, complete with tail.  The only problem was her tail kept falling off and we had to stop every few houses to pin it back on!  Those were the days before plastic bags and we all carried brown paper sacks.  They were the full size sacks and by the end of the night, your bag would be full to the top! And we got popcorn balls, cookies, and all kinds of things we would never be able to eat today!  Those were the good old days when life was SO much simpler and you would never think of having to check candy for pins or razor blades.  I miss those days! 

Back tomorrow with a surprise!

Hugs,
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! Yep, I remember Getting a pillowcase filled. The thing I remember most was going to the big house in our neighborhood. He gave each one of us a dollar, which was an enormous amount, back them. Ha, even still today! My grandmother did not sew so I always had the store-bought costumes that ended up shredding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be one of those days! I deleted my first post because I had some errors in it. The second time I did it I re-read it several times before publishing. So what do I see after publishing..an upper case G in the middle of a sentence. These comments should have an edit button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Those are the costumes I love most on little kids. Oh, the memories! My mom made all our costumes and I made my son's costumes to carry on the tradition. We used pillow cases when I was little, my son carried a plastic pumpkin. Yes, popcorn balls and cookies, homemade candy. Only the rich people gave out actual candy bars. Yes, times have changed. I really enjoyed your card, Sherri. And, Halloween... fun is never out of season!

    ReplyDelete