My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Escapee!

Hi all,

Tonite I'm sharing a card that almost didn't make it. I started the afternoon coloring up 2 images, this one & a cute Penny Black I will share tomorrow. Well, with my usual lack of planning, I didn't allow enough room between the images & used most of it cutting out my Penny Black.  Since I wasn't thrilled with the giraffe in the first place, I was going to pitch it in the garbage.Then I got to playing around with some punches & next thing I knew I had made the poor condemned giraffe into a card.

The black heart background was made by punching both sides of my paper with a Martha punch I have had a couple of years & still adore. The red flower effect running down the middle is from a roll of Xmas felt border that I got on sale at Michaels for 80% off. How could I pass it up!! The giraffe is from Great Impressions & I've had him a long time too.  He didn't turn out to be my favorite card today, but since he was the one saved from the garbage bin, I thought he deserved first showing!

We woke up to about an inch of snow this morning, but the sun came out this afternoon & most of it is melting.  Hopefully, your weather is wonderful wherever you are as well!                                             

Catch you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Black, white and red is stunning and what a bargain on that felt border. I'm glad he escaped the trash can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really adorable-glad he was rescued! Love that punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, another fabulous card. That punch is fantastic and your coloring is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but the giraffe is so cute! I love him and I'm glad you saved him. The heart punch is beautiful and, WOW, how could you pass up 80% on that felt? What a deal!

    ReplyDelete